A blog showcasing quilt patterns by Monica Curry. Get free patterns, quilting tutorials, and printables. Quilt patterns for every skill level are featured.

Tuesday, 14 June 2016

DIY doggy desk mat for my fluffy butt

My little dog Sophie is my shadow. She's with me everywhere I go around the house, but I've been spending a lot more time at my computer lately. Initially, she wanted to sit on my lap while I worked (she's a lap dog, after all), but I wouldn't get anything done that way. So, I plunked her on the desk. Now she sleeps there while I'm working.

doggy desk mat

Sophie on her new mat

Awhile back, I picked up some cute fabric from Connecting Threads with foxes on it. The fabric line is Good Natured by Riley Blake. My husband always says Sophie reminds him of a fox, so I made her this "desk mat" with it for her to lie on while I work.

Good Natured by Riley Blake


I think the little foxes in the birch trees are adorable.

Good Natured by Riley Blake - detail


Sophie fast asleep on her new blankie.

Sophie asleep on my desk

No comments :

Post a Comment